
I have had my grandpa (Bestefar) staying with me & my family for almost a week. It has been very enjoyable. Grandpa & I have played rummy, skipbo, and other games. He has done some crossword puzzles, read a book and reading another, helped me pack up my Christmas decorations(which was awesome, as it would have taken me forever to do it myself), and more.
We are enjoying our time with him, and are sad to see him leave so soon. He has been wanting to go visit his nephew Ray & his wife Shirley in Ilwaco, WA. He will leave tomorrow to fly to Seattle, where my Uncle Bill will catch up with him and fly with him to Portland, OR, Ray & Shirley will pick them up there and drive them to their home in Ilwaco. I hope he will enjoy his time there.
He has seemed fairly happy and upbeat here with us. All of us are sad to see him leave. :-( He is talking about going to Ray's, then Bill's and then back home to SLC.
I asked him what he will do when he gets back to SLC, and he said "See my grandchildren and great-grand children." So that will be good for him. :-)
I love him and have enjoyed our time together. Thanks for being here Grandpa!!
1 comment:
Soak in every second Lisa!
Post a Comment