My family

My family
Taken Aug. 2011

Friday, March 14, 2008

New Neighbors, Friend for Chewy, and more!!

Here it has been a week again, my bad! I maybe can set a goal for once a week, and then I won't feel guilty when its been a week in between!! :-)

So last week, our neighbors, Steve & Renee, told us they were moving in a few days into their new home. We are sad to see them go. They own the house next to us and then the one next to that (which they lived in), and now are renting out both houses. The new folks who are moving into (Steve & Renee's) old home are a couple with a 12 yr. old daughter, Hannah. Jolyn & I tried last night to go and deliver a cheesecake with raspberry sauce to them, but they were not home.
While Jolyn & I were at a baby shower last night, Jeff & Lani went over with a plate of cookies. Which leaded to the couple (Craig & Cheryl) and their daughter, and dog (Alex) coming to our home and having cheesecake and visiting until 10:30pm last night. Chewy and Alex hit it off. Alex is a lab/dalmation mix. He is taller and skinnier than Chewy.


When Jolyn & I got home we were able to meet everyone. It was fun to visit with them. Cheryl is blind, homeschools Hannah, and is amazing.
Cheryl & I have alot in common, thus far, it is great!!

I have been praying for a friend, and I think my prayer has just been answered. How thankful I am that I have a Father in Heaven who is mindful of my needs!!
Alex spent the night last night with us, as they had to go back to Craig's Apt. to sleep and the apt manager does NOT allow pets. Their home just had new flooring put in and their toilets are not back in yet. They should be today. Alex hooked on to Lani, and slept in her room on the floor next to her bed. When we went to turn off her radio, after she was asleep, she was on the edge of her bed with her hand resting on Alex's back. It was so cute!!! :-)
Anyhow, it is great that we have a family living in the neighborhood. I haven't decided if Hannah is going to be friends more with Lani or Jolyn. Hannah & Lani hit it off pretty well, so that is great. Lani always complains she doesn't have any friends to play with in the area.



I have been subbing this whole month at Orchard Middle School (Jolyn's school). It has been fun, I will be there until Spring Break. I am covering for a lady who had surgery, and had to be out for 5-6 weeks.
I cover the office for 30 min. when I first arrive (9:30am), then I go to a 6th grade classroom, then the Library, then my lunch, then cover the Locker Room, Art, then back to the Locker Room. I finish at 2 pm. It is fun. I have enjoyed being there, and seeing Jolyn everyday. I love that she will still give me a hug, and say "Hi, Mom" when she sees me. It is great. How long will it last?? I hope always.
Well, time has come and gone, and I have to finish getting ready for work. Love to all of you!!

No comments: