My family

My family
Taken Aug. 2011

Friday, October 1, 2010

Garth Brooks

The Thursday before leaving on our annual camping trip, my brother calls and says "Guess what?" I had no idea, so I let him continue. He tells me he finally was able to get tickets for us for Garth Brooks. Wow!! I could hardly believe it, then he tells me it is short notice and can we come to Vegas the next weekend to go see him on the 11th of September in Vegas. Oh my, what do I say or do? My mind was whirling just with the thought of being able to go see him, finally.
Long story made short....my brother was getting married about 12 years ago and Jeff & I had tickets to see Garth. We sold them so we could go to the wedding. When his marriage didn't work out, he felt bad that we had missed seeing Garth. We told him it was no big deal, and we were happy to do it.
He has felt bad about that for a long time, so it was nice for him to ease his conscience by taking us to the concert. ;-)

Layne & Jayme, his wife, flew us down to Vegas, bought the tickets for Garth, paid for our lodging in a hotel, fed us food, and spoiled us rotten. We were able to pay for Luv-its Ice Cream one night. (http://luvitfrozencustard.com/)It was fun!! We had such a great time being with them and Payce and Tayo, their boys.
We were able to watch Payce play his first soccer game, ever. So cute!! We had fun playing with Tayo and eating those chunky cheeks of his.
Thank you so much Layne & Jayme. We appreciate you and all you did for us!! someday we hope we can repay you in some way!! It meant so much to spend that time with you and your family.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Lisa!! 4 new posts! I checked your blog on Mon and nothing new and here it is 4 at once. I love the pictures of Payce and Tayo. Tayo is quite serious!! Good job!