Starting Friday afternoon Sept. 4th - Monday Sept. 6th we went on our Annual Stevens Family Camping Trip. This year we joined Jeff's friend, Micky Cecil, and his family at Lake Roosevelt. it was quite the task to prepare for leaving, as it always is.
I put a lot of effort and time in to making sure we have all the things we need to enjoy our time together. (Food, clothes, games, supplies, extra blankets, sleeping bags,tent and much more)
This year we allowed the girls to each bring one friend. Jolyn chose her friend, Madison. Jalani chose her friend, Delaney. The friends were very polite and helped when needed. It was great!!
the trip to get to the campsite was an adventure in itself. If you do not know where this campground (it only has 9 sites) is, good luck in finding it. There are no signs per say to get you were you need to go. :-) It is many miles of dirt road and gravel roads. ICKY!! We had to take both the van and truck in order to fit all of us and all our gear.
We had a grand time once we were settled in.
The first night, we got there later than we wanted, so I felt unprepared at first.
That same night a big group came in late at night (11:45pm) and decided to party it up all night long. (no this is not an exaggeration) I woke up in the middle of the night(around 4 am) and they still had their music blaring and lots of loud talking.
I was mad!!! I told the ranger the next day and they went and talked to them. They still played their music and talked each night but nothing compared to the first night. I was grateful when I asked each of the girls the next day if that bothered them, that it didn't. :-)
Micky brought his jetskis and we were able to enjoy riding on them. Jolyn got her first real taste of freedom by driving one with her friend on with her. She thought that was amazing. We all had a great time. Ask Lani about her fish experience. lol
Lani and her friend spent a lot of time fishing and catching crawdads, and frogs. They seemed to really enjoy themselves.
It was nice to be away from home and phones, computers, etc. The cell reception was sketchy so you only had it every once in awhile in certain places. :-) I liked that part of the campground.
It is nice to spend time together as a family!!
My family
Taken Aug. 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment