My family

My family
Taken Aug. 2011

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cooking a Turkey



Well.........this year we are hosting Thanksgiving at our house, and to this day I have NEVER cooked a turkey before.. YIKES!!! Any pointers would be most appreciated. Do you cook your stuffing in the turkey or separate? My mom always seemed to cook hers in the turkey.
What do you serve for Thanksgiving?
I was thinking turkey, of course, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes (not yams), glazed carrots, cranberry salad(Jan's recipe), green bean casserole, and rolls. Any other thoughts on that?
Hope you all have a great week, and look forward to hearing your thoughts on Turkey.
Thanks.

4 comments:

Lott said...

I'm hosting Thanksgiving at my house for the 3rd year in a row & I still haven't cooked the turkey. I'm making ham. I like all your sides, I think we'll be adding frog eye salad as well.

Emily N. said...

I have never cooked a turkey before either, so I can't help you from the personal experience perspective, but I have seen lots of stuff about cooking turkeys at foodnetwork.com. See what advice they have to give.

Are you serving any desserts?? ;)

Jill said...

Believe me, if I can cook a turkey anyone can. It is so easy. I don't stuff it and only season with olive oil, salt and pepper. What can I say, I am a turkey purist.

LStevens said...

Emily, I am making desserts, also.
A first time pumpkin pie, a banana cream, and a cheesecake with raspberry sauce. I am getting excited to eat it, just typing about it. :-) I hear cooking the turkey is fairly easy, so wish me luck. Plus, a bonus, I have my mom-in-law to help me, if I get stuck. :-)