My family

My family
Taken Aug. 2011

Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Dad

Yesterday, July 10th, my father, Lynn Weight turned 68. We (Dad, Mom, Jalani, Kate & I) celebrated by having dinner at the Lion House Pantry in SLC. Then we walked around Temple Square and finished off at the Conference Center listening to the MoTab Choir rehearsal. It was a wonderful evening. We will have Dad's family bday celebration on Sun. He has asked for Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, &Gravy. It should be fun.

My Dad is the greatest Dad, and my Dad's the strongest Dad, and my Dad's the greatest guy of any guy around. Or something to that effect. There is a song, I believe Layne sang it at one time, that talks about Dad's.
My Dad is the greatest, he is always available when I need him. He will listen, and counsel with me whenever needed. I am grateful that I was born of goodly parents, both my Mom & Dad are the best parents around. I thank Heavenly Father frequently for the wonderful blessing of my parents and family.

Dad took the day off today, to do none other than gardening. Imagine that!!!
He loves it. I was assisting him until I was called in by Kate & Lani for a spider fest. They found a pile of dead spiders, and a egg sac, but didn't realize that there was one that was alive with them. OOOHHH!! I vacuumed up the dead ones, picked the live one up in a baggie and took him to Dad for investigation. Jalani said they need to bug bomb their house. :-) LOL

Anyhow, I preceded to vacuum some more spiders and webs downstairs. FUn, FUn. Lani has discovered two woodlouse spiders down here. They are red and have a reddish/gray butt. they are not known to be dangerous. They are said to have painful bites, but not venomous.

I guess I should get back outside to my task. I offered to help Dad with his gardening, he probably thinks I am not returning. ;-)

TTFN!!

No comments: