We first met in Great Falls, MT in Jan. 1991, when Jeff was stationed there in the Air Force. I was living there with my parents, and siblings. I was attending beauty school, and working at Osco Drug. It was NOT love at first sight. I thought of him as some older bald guy. The Lord had different plans for me than those I thought would come to pass. I fell in love with Jeff over time. Our very first date (Aug. 1, 1991), was to the Oak Ridge Boys concert at the Montana state fair. We were not a couple at this time. He had purchased two tickets and was taking different girls to the concerts. It was a double date, if my memory serves me correctly. We had a good time. Our second date, of which I found out later I was the third or fourth phone call, was to see "Pure Luck" at the movies with another couple. On Aug. 19th, we went to a farewell party for a friend with another gal that carpooled with Jeff & I, and ended up holding hands and becoming a couple by the end of the night. On Sept 21st, Jeff asked me to marry him. (Which is a long, but great story of its own). I, of course, said YES!!
We were married just 2 months and 9 days later. My Mom, who is amazing, sewed my dress, her dress and bridesmaids dresses and a flower girl dress during that short time. Made arrangements for wedding breakfast, reception, etc. Thank you Mom for all your hard work and love.
I am so grateful to be the wife of Jeffrey Curtis Stevens. Thank you to Heavenly Father for leading me to him and him to me. I needed him and he is the best thing that ever has come into my life....(and then I got my children, through a special way, which is another story for another time):)
Here is a picture of Jeff & I on our wedding day.

Thank you Jeff for making my life so complete and amazing. I LOVE YOU!!
Forever and ever and ever and ever........
No comments:
Post a Comment