

Yesterday was Easter Sunday. I am thankful for the opportunity to think and ponder more on the resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. How thankful I am for his atoning sacrifice on my behalf and for the knowledge I have of his resurrection and life.
I arose earlier than normal and got some things ready for dinner. I put the ham in the oven before leaving for church, and came home after sacrament to put in the potatoes. (don't worry, Mom, I went right back to church)
We had the missionaries and two older single gentleman over for dinner after church.
WE had ham, augratin potatoes (just like mom used to make), asparagus, glazed carrots, and corn. We had a strawberry boston creme cake and ice cream for dessert.
We have a tradition of a special thing we do each year for Easter. We have a basket of eggs numbered 1-12, which we hand out to everyone in the room. We take turns opening the eggs starting with one and the person reading what is inside and showing the object included. It is the story of the crucifixion and resurrection of the Savior, Jesus Christ. We love sharing it with others.
Saturday the Easter Bunny delivered the girls baskets and they enjoyed their candy and other surprises inside. (Jolyn received an ITUNES card for $15,and Lani got a new DS game)
We had an enjoyable sabbath day, and I am grateful to have had time with family and friends.
1 comment:
Wow Lisa! I am so glad you went right back to church. I'm suprised that you didn't put them all in together like you were planning. Glad you had a lovely day. Ours was great also.
Post a Comment