My family

My family
Taken Aug. 2011

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Time goes by again!! :-(

Here it is a long time again, since I have written.

I have been busy trying to organize my house. It is a big project!! I am not a very good organizer, but I am trying to improve that.

We are anxiously awaiting for the next week to go by, so we can pick up Grandpa Lynn & Grandma Linda and spend 9 whole days with them. I can't wait. We are going to see the end of Apple Blossom Festival on the day they arrive, and then church on Sunday. Monday -Friday we will have various activities to do: such as, Soccer games, museums, and more.

I have been reading a new book, entitled 'The Holy Secret" by James Ferrell. He is the author of "The Peacegiver". It is really good so far.
I have also started reading a new series entitled "The Sisters Grimm", it is cute!!

Yesterday, we came to the realization that our dishwasher has bit the dust. It is no longer running, I hope it isn't anything major, and can be fixed without too much expense.

Life can throw lots of things at you. You just need to be prepared to handle them!!


I have pondered the responsibility of parenting lately.
Susan W. Tanner in the last Gen. Conf. spoke these words : "The scriptures use the word nurture only twice and in both cases speak of the responsibility of parents to raise their children “in the nurture and admonition of the Lord” (Ephesians 6:4; Enos 1:1).
President Hinckley also admonished both men and women to be nurturers. He said, “How much more beautiful would be the . . . society in which we live if every father . . . and . . . mother regarded [their] children . . . as gifts from the God of heaven . . . and brought them up with true affection in the wisdom and admonition of the Lord” (“These, Our Little Ones,” Liahona, Dec. 2007, 7; Ensign, Dec. 2007, 9)

I have been trying more to treat my children in the way Heavenly Father would have me treat them. Trying to use softer tones, less yelling and screaming. It is not an easy task, but I will continue to give it my best effort. I know Heavenly Father loves each of us and wants us to succeed in all we strive to accomplish.
I pray I can do more nuturing and less critizing.

No comments: